HCI in the News
Following are stories and interviews where High Conflict Institute or Bill Eddy have been featured. You can also visit our Upcoming Events and Past Events to see Bill and other High Conflict Institute speakers featured presenting seminars and training events. Our Articles and Newsletters section features Bill Eddy's informative articles for professionals dealing with high conflict individuals, parenting and divorce, mediation and negotiation, workplace issues, and more.
40 Relationship Tips That Are Actually Terrible - Best Life
Clashes with colleagues: how to deal with conflicts at work - Financial Times
How to Survive High-Risk Times With Narcissists & Other High-Conflict People - The Good Men Project
Accommodator? No, How About "Invisible"? - Mediate.com
Who Are High Conflict People? - The Good Men Project
Using ADR Ideas to Negotiate Divorce Agreements - Mediate.com
President-Elect Donald Trump and High Conflict Personality - Times of San Diego
- 3 signs you could be dating a high conflict person - Business Insider
- The newest online dating minefield: Did you vote for Trump? - Times Herald News
- Dealing with High-Conflict People - Sydney Morning Herald
- Happily Ever After Is Just The Beginning! hosted by Lesli Doares, LMFT. How does the general public feel about marriage? How has our attitude changed from times past? Bill Eddy, Esq., LCSW therapist, attorney, mediator and co-founder of the High Conflict Institute, discusses why marriage is much more than just deciding to live together and how it truly is different from co-habitation. Host Lesli Doares, LMFT, is a Marriage Consultant & Coach and author of the book, Blueprint for a Lasting Marriage: How to Create Your Happily Ever After With More Intention, Less Work.
- Prescriptions for Healing Conflict Listen in as Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq., and Mari Frank, Esq., discuss the groundbreaking CARS and New Ways for Work Methods on the Prescriptions for Healing Conflict radio show. These techniques are based on Bill’s one-of-a-kind conflict resolution skills training for coping with potentially high conflict employees and managers, and which apply the New Ways for Work Coaching Manual and Workbook co-written with L. Georgi DiStefano, LCSW. Listen to the Podcast
- Former mediation trainee of Bill Eddy's in British Columbia gives speech in Austria Journey to Empathy.
- Family Matters hosted by Virginia L. Colin Ph.D. Co-parenting after a separation or divorce can be difficult – especially if you believe you are dealing with a “high-conflict” co-parent. In this program, Bill Eddy, Esq., LCSW discusses some of the common problems co-parents face and how to deal with them as a parent or as a professional – especially if there has been intense conflict between the parents. Listen to the Radio Interview
- Life in the Fast Lane Radio Show - Georgi DiStefano, LCSW chats with Tom Tabback and Madison Morgan on their morning show in Arizona (KAZM 780). They engage in a lively conversation about high conflict personalities based on her new book with Bill Eddy It’s All Your Fault At Work. Press play to listen below.
- Blaming others, extreme behaviors, all-or-nothing thinking and unmanaged emotions all characterize the high conflict person. Whether it is in your professional or married life, high conflict people present challenges to our sanity and well-being. Line One host Prentiss Pemberton, LCSW and Bill Eddy, Esq., LCSW explore the mind of high conflict people and what you can do to live with and manage them. Listen Here.
- Clayton Mick, of KORN News Radio 1490 in South Dakota queries L. Georgi DiStefano, LCSW. about the CARS technique and other methods of calming upset people and how it can be used with difficult workplace situations. Based on the award-winning book It’s All Your Fault At Work. Press play to listen below.
- Listen to Prescriptions for Healing Conflict with host, Mari J. Frank, Esq., CIPP, as she interviews Bill Eddy, Esq., LCSW on innovative methods of dealing with and managing High-Conflict People -- Narcissists at Work, the CARS, BIFF Response and Feed Forward techniques and the award-winning book: It’s All Your Fault at Workco-authored with L. Georgi DiStefano, LCSW. Listen Here
- Check out Dads On The Air - The word Splitting brings to mind a number of possibilities but in Bill Eddy’s book it is not the obvious meaning of breaking up with a partner. Based on his extensive experience as a therapist and a family lawyer and drawing on the experience of his co-author Randi Kreger, Bill gives host, Bill Kable, a fascinating walk through of Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Listen Here
- Reasonable Doubt: High conflict personalities and your legal battle - Laurel Dietz from Victoria, BC, Canada gives a detailed review of Bill Eddy's book High Conflict People in Legal Disputes
- Axiom Award - High Conflict Institute and Unhooked Books are proud to announce that our book Its All Your Fault at Work: Managing Narcissists and Other High-Conflict People by Bill Eddy and Georgi DiStefano, has just won an Axiom award for Best Business Books in the Human Resources/Employee Training category. Here is the full Press Release about these awards.
- California Family Law News - Budget Issues In Our Family Courts - -Q & A with Bill Eddy and Judge Roman. Bill Eddy discusses the benefits of teaching High-Conflict clients decision-making skills.
- Huffington Post - Divorce Confidential: Managing Your Emotions During A Divorce - Bill Eddy was quoted in this article by family law attorney, Charoline Choi. She quotes Bill when discussing the concepts of "flexible thinking" and to "Check Yourself" as practical ways to manage emotions while going through a divorce.
- The Doug Noll Show - The Dynamics of Dispute Resolution with High Conflict Personalities - Bill Eddy was interviewed on the Doug Noll Show. In his one hour interview, he talks about high conflict personalities and about using the C.A.R.S. Method to manage co-workers, bosses, ex-spouses, friends, neighbors and others. The one hour interview can be heard in its entirety here: http://www.wsradio.com/wsradio/episode_details/27/25405
- California State Bar Family Law News - Skills Before Decisions: Can Difficult Clients Learn Decision-Making Skills? - Family Law News published this article by Bill Eddy explaining the benefits of having courts and family lawyers assist both parents to gain decision-making skills before the big decisions are made. This explains the principles behind the New Ways for Families method developed by High Conflict Institute. Research results are starting to show a high rate of success in helping high-conflict families to stay out of court using New Ways for Families, as well as to reduce their conflicts, reduce police and social services involvement, and help their children have stronger contact with both parents and even sleep better after their parents learn these skills. The Editor referred to this as “a comprehensive and educational article” and encouraged readers to “Be inspired and take action to make Family Law practice better!”
- Huffington Post - Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the Family Court System - Tina Swithin, author of "Divorcing a Narcissist, One Mom's Battle" talks about HCI's work to educate the Family Court System on individual with personality disorders.
- The Canberra Times - Australia - Bullying a practice for the whole workplace to solve - Bill Eddy's article detailing the impact of bullying in the workplace and his recommendations for a comprehensive approach to workplace bullying at the organizational level.
- The Canberra Times - Australia - Stomping out bullying - these are letters to the editor in response to Bill Eddy's article referenced above: "Bullying a practice for the whole workplace to solve".
- The Canberra Times - Australia - Tame the bull in the china shop now- Bill Eddy's article detailing how bullies lead to drops in productivity, inefficient teamwork, and good employees leaving.
- The Canberra Times - Australia - Dealing With High Conflict People
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Insights & Resources - High Conflict Mediation: 4 Tips for Mediators
- Salt Lake Tribune Article – Bill Eddy is featured in an article titled "Business Insight: High-conflict people blame others” offering tips for managing and responding to high-conflict people.
- Grossmont College Article – In August, Bill Eddy sat down with several deans at Grossmont College in the San Diego area about managing “high-conflict” people. One of the deans wrote the following article summarizing their discussion and its increasing relevance today for anyone working with students, employees – or any organization.
- “People in any large organization, whether in private business or the public sector, are likely to encounter five different types of “high-conflict personalities,” attorney and author Bill Eddy said recently during a seminar with some of Grossmont College’s top administrators." <more>
- Huffington Post – Tina Swithin, author of "Divorcing a Narcissist, One Mom's Battle" talks about Bill's Book Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder and how it became her legal bible in her high conflict divorce. She also talks about the HCI exclusive program New Ways For Families and the HCI Pattern Viewer program.
- NPR Interview – Gene Strohl talks with therapist and attorney Bill Eddy and psychologist and mediator Don Saposnek about their recent publication, Splitting America. The book deals with parallels the authors have discovered between what happens in "high-conflict" divorce cases and what is happening today in the political arena in America.
- Preventing The Next Mass Shooting - Personality Expert Identifies Horrifying Patterns. – Press Release: William Eddy warns of more mass shootings to come and offers thoughts on preventing this tragedy.
- New Conciousness Review – Audio Interview with Miriam Knight, founder of NCR on the subject of "Politics Mirroring High Conflict Divorce". William Eddy, L.C.S.W., J.D. draws unflattering but striking parallels between high conflict divorces and the US political scene. Drawing on 30 years of experience as a family law attorney, therapist and mediator, Bill shows how the voters are reacting like children in a nasty court battle, forced to choose between warring parents. Siding with one parent or the other, or turning their backs on both, no one wins and deep scars remain. In his book, SPLITTING AMERICA: How Politicians, Super PACs and the News Media Mirror High Conflict Divorce, Bill shows how to return civility to political discourse - and perhaps to all our interactions - for the good of the nation.
- "New Book Issues A Stern Warning to America" featuring Bill Eddy's book Splitting America, appeared in the following publications:
- Daily Herald: http://finance.dailyherald.com/dailyherald/news/read/22097834/New_Book_Issues_Stern_Warning_to_America
- International Business Times: http://markets.financialcontent.com/ibtimes/news/read?GUID=22097834
- Los Angeles Daily News: http://markets.financialcontent.com/mng-lang.dailynews/news/read/22097834/New_Book_Issues_Stern_Warning_to_America
- Boston Globe: http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read/22097834/New_Book_Issues_Stern_Warning_to_America
- CBS Money Watch: http://markets.cbsnews.com/cbsnews/news/read/22097834/New_Book_Issues_Stern_Warning_to_America
- Morningstar: http://news.morningstar.com/all/ViewNews.aspx?article=/GNW/10002861_univ.xml
- WallStreet Select: http://investor.wallstreetselect.com/wss/news/read?GUID=22097834
- Globe Newswire: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=10002861
- PRLOG: http://www.prlog.org/11957416-new-book-issues-stern-warning-to-america.html
- Pitch Engine: http://www.pitchengine.com/unhookedbooks/new-book-issues-stern-warning-to-america
- Announcing the Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM) – As a founding board member, Bill Eddy is pleased to announce a new International Organization that will be promoting family mediation to the public, providing top-quality conferences and training in family mediation and setting standards for the field. www.apfmnet.org
- Molly B. Kenny Esq.– A video interview of Bill Eddy about What To Expect In A High Conflict Divorce. Located in Bellevue, WA, the greater Seattle area divorce attorneys at theLaw Offices of Molly B. Kenny are experienced in all areas of family law and represent those going through divorce, mediation, child custody and domestic violence cases throughout Washington State.
- WJFF, NPR Affiliate – Bill Eddy is interviewed by Valerie Mansi about his book SPLITTING, High Conflict Institute and HCI Pattern Analysis
- WPFW, Pacifica Radio Network affiliate – Bill Eddy is interviewed by Dr. Pamela Brewer about his book SPLITTING and relationships with partners with borderline or narcissistic personalities.
- CJAD-FM, Montreal Radio – Bill Eddy is interviewed by Dr. Laurie Betito about his book SPLITTING
- KNRY-AM, Monterey, CA - Bill Eddy is interviewed by Dr. Laurie Betito about his book SPLITTING
- Doctor Radio Program, National-Sirius/XM Satellite Radio – Bill Eddy is interviewed by Dr. Zev Levine about his book SPLITTING and practical tips for dealing with personality disorders in relationships
- BBS Radio - Bill Eddy and Tobias Desjardins Interview on High Conflict Personalities in Divorce
- MrCustodyCoach Radio - Bill Eddy discusses what to look for when choosing an attorney, with specific emphasis on the high-conflict divorce & custody dispute. (Radio interview transcript)
- Texas Conflict Coach - Bill Eddy is interviewed by Pattie Porter about Responding to Bullies in the Workplace
- KFMB-TV CBS, San Diego - Bad Economy Keeping Some in Bad Marriages
- Illinois Divorce Law Blog - High Conflict Custody Cases and PAS by Michael Roe
- The Lawyer's Weekly - Special Strategies Help Mediators Handle High Conflict Couples by Deborah Lynn Zutter
- San Diego Metropolitan< - Bill Eddy Can Work With Difficult People by Terence J. Burke
- Washington State Bar Association - Dealing With the Most Difficult Clients by Joseph Schaub
- SelfHelp Magazine - 10 Reasons to Try Divorce Mediation by Bill Eddy
- AzAFCC Newsletter - Personality Disorders in Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Cases